One Cast Fly fishing Limited Safety Management Plan is current and audited by Outdoors Mark New Zealand. This audit established that the safety procedures, policies and plans meet current industry standards. Guides have appropriate safety skill experience in outdoor guiding environments.
Don't become a guides test client. Always ask these health questions where your river safety comes first.
More than the fish we persue - Water and land conservation sustainability.
Guide concessionaire permitted
Current first aid, Spot gps, VHR radio’s
Public Liability insurance
• Summer Dry easy, lite weight trouser or shorts & polyproplene longs, wading socks and wading boots
• Wet weather Gore Tex or other breathable rain wear.
• Winter -Neoprene or lite weight waders and boots.
• Recommended wading boots- boots with a rubber sole and in accordance with Fish and Game laws. Felt soles are banned in NZ
• Gloves - Wool or synthetic-winter Summer gloves if your skin sensitive
• Sun protection, wear long sleeved shirt with a high collar to protect your neck.
• Insect repellent-Sand flies are the river critters that will bite.
• Polarized sunglasses a must and single most important item.
• Wide brimmed hat is essential for hot sunny days
• Wading Stick-Unsure of your footing and require support then a callapsable wading stick is ideal. We do have wading sticks should you forget. • Camera and water proof bag.
• Fly lines in dull tones, Olive, camel or grey are best if you wish to bring.
• Dull colour clothing, olive green, brown, grey will help reduce trout spooking.
• Personal Medication, Let your guide know and carry it with you at all times.
• Small lite weight day pack for your river days
►Rods - We supply and use 9- foot, #6 #7#8-weight rods
►Tackle, trout flies - We supply all tackle as and when required. More often than not clients will bring their own fly rods, reels and flies.
►General trout patterns that catch trout in New Zealand are //Size 14 & 12 Nymph & Caddis patterns, Gold bead heads, pheasant tail, hare & copper, olive caddis, green & black stone flies
►Dry fly patterns//14,12 Royal Wulff, Adams, Blue Dun, Humpy's, Cicada sizes 8 and 10