Safety Matters: Fly fishing equipment
Health and Safety
One Cast Fly fishing Limited Safety Management Plan is current and audited by Outdoors Mark New Zealand. This audit established that the safety procedures, policies and plans meet current industry standards. Guides have appropriate safety skill experience in outdoor guiding environments.
More than the fish we persue - Water and land conservation sustainability.
Guide concessionaire permitted
Current first aid, Spot gps and VHR radio’s
Public Liability insurance
What you need to bring
• Summer: Dry easy lite weight trouser or shorts with thermal longs worn underneath, wading socks and wading boots
• Wet weather: Water proof and breathable rain wear.
• Winter: - Lite weight and breathable waders and boots.
• Recommended wading boots- boots with a rubber sole and in accordance with Fish and Game laws. Felt soles are banned in NZ
• Gloves - Wool or synthetic-winter Summer gloves if your skin sensitive to sun burn.
• Sun protection, wear long sleeved shirt with a high collar to protect your neck.
• Insect repellent-Sand flies are the river critters that will bite.
• Polarized sunglasses a must and single most important item.
• Wide brimmed hat is essential for hot sunny days ( No white caps)
• Wading Stick-Unsure of your footing and require support then a callapsable wading stick. Camera and water proof bag.
• Fly lines in dull tones, Olive, camel or grey are best if you wish to bring.
• Dull colour clothing, olive green, brown, grey will help reduce trout spooking.
• Personal Medication, Let your guide know and carry it with you at all times.
• Small lite weight day pack for your river days
What we supply
►Rods - We supply and use 9- foot, #6 #7#8-weight rods
►Tackle, trout flies - We supply all tackle as and when required. More often than not clients will bring their own fly rods, reels and flies.
►General trout patterns that catch trout in New Zealand are //Size 14 & 12 Nymph & Caddis patterns, Gold bead heads, pheasant tail, hare & copper, olive caddis, green & black stone flies
►Dry fly patterns//14,12 Royal Wulff, Adams, Blue Dun, Humpy's, Cicada sizes 8 and 10